Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool
Collage as Creative Coaching Tool training is accredited by the ICF. Attending both training days provides you with the theory, knowledge, techniques and confidence to use the Collage Coaching Technique™ in a 1-1 setting with clients. Now is the perfect time to add value and creativity to your existing coaching skills by learning to coach with collage.
CHECK DATES, TIMES AND BOOK YOUR PLACE
Why train to use collage as a coaching tool?
Collage provides a unique way of coaching clients that has long term and far reaching benefits. After your training, you’ll be ready to use collage to work alongside them to achieve the following:
Unlocking unconscious thinking so that your client increases their self-awareness, leading to clarity and focus on the direction they want to go. Empowering them to create personal goals and objectives where they’ll be successful.
Building confidence and self-belief*, equipping clients with the courage to really stretch their comfort zone and take bolder decisions to improve their personal and professional lives.
Connecting emotionally with goals means clients are strongly motivated to achieve the change they desire.
A non-threatening way of expressing difficult emotions allows hidden blocks, mindsets and feelings preventing clients from moving forward to be expressed in a psychologically safe way. This allows them to prioritise areas for change that enables real growth.
Promoting mindfulness* and well-being. As clients engage in a creative, arts-based approach it engenders feelings of calm and relaxation. This feeling alleviates anxiety and stress during the session and longer term.
The tangible output of their collage (as an expression of self) means they have a powerful visual aid to motivate, inspire and guide them, every single day.
*Research by MSc Psychology students from Kent and City University, London
Part 1 | Introductory Training
This training workshop introduces you to collage as a visually creative coaching tool and is open to all coaches, psychologists and interested practitioners. As an experiential workshop, you’ll learn through immersing yourself in the process of creating your own collage. No previous experience or artistic skills are needed. Just bring an open mind, curiosity and a willingness to share and learn alongside other delegates.LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR INTRODUCTORY TRAINING
Part 2 | Skills Based Training day
Designed to be engaging and interactive, our skills based training day combines a rich blend of theory and experiential learning. Including using the collage you created in Part 1 to develop the techniques and knowledge required to coach successfully with the collage using the Collage Coaching Technique™. Therefore attending the Introductory training is mandatory in order to progress to Part 2.
Who’s the training for?
Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool was developed specifically for coaches, psychologists and other practitioners who work in the field of personal development:
- Interested in using a creative tool to complement and add value to your existing coaching skills.
- Already use a creative approach (dance, drama, music, lego, creative writing etc.) to deepen coaching conversations and affect transformation.
- Specialising in well-being and/or mindfulness
- Wanting to work intuitively with your clients
- NLP practitioners and others who work with the unconscious
- Looking to develop your own creativity
Suitable for coaches working across a range of areas including:
- Personal/ Life Coaching
- Leadership/ Executive Coaching
- Organisational/ Business Coaching
- Speciality/ Niche Coaching
This list is not exhaustive, so if you’re interested but unsure if this is right for you, please get in touch.
I really feel that I’ve learned from the master in Andréa Watts, who has developed this skill as an incredible tool to help people develop and discover both personally and professionally.
I found the workshop engaging and insightful and can see clear benefits to using collage as a method for coaching. It was brilliant to explore my creativity, working intuitively and be guided by my unconscious.
- The theory underpinning the use of images and collage as a coaching tool
- How to guide your client through the 3 stages of the creative process
- An in-depth understanding of the benefits to clients in using this approach
- The skills to facilitate personal storytelling and coaching conversations through collage
- How the Collage Coaching Technique™ differs from other models
- Increased self-awareness through reflective practice as you create your collage and share with peers
Artists help us connect with ideas of making and destroying, so that we may feel more confident about renewal, rather than frightened of change.
— SIOBHAN DAVIES