Skills Based Training
Skills Based Training | In-person and online
The Collage Coaching Technique® Skills Based training equips you with the theory, knowledge and practice to confidently deliver a 1-1 collage coaching session.
Building on the knowledge and experience you gained from attending the Part 1 Introductory training, learning on this workshop is facilitated through an interactive presentation, trainer-led activities, peer co-coaching and group discussion.
At various points throughout the day, the collage you created in Part 1 is used as a personal learning and development tool. Therefore, you must have attended the Introductory training before proceeding to the Skills Based event.
Who’s the training for?
The Skills Based training is for coaches, psychologists, or other practitioners keen to use an arts-based creative coaching tool within your practice.
You understand the value of accessing unconscious and intuitive knowledge alongside cognitive processes during coaching. You also recognise that supporting clients to explore and express their emotions and internal beliefs first enables them to gain clarity and make better decisions. Therefore, you’re committed to taking the next step and investing in developing your coaching skills by integrating a creative approach into your existing expertise and knowledge.
How is the training delivered?
The training is available in-person and online. To enhance learning, the course is delivered in a group setting of no more than 8 delegates. The content includes:
The Science Behind the Art
An interactive, engaging and visual presentation giving an overview of why and how the Collage Coaching Technique® is a powerful creative coaching tool. Supported by case studies, the talk covers the following:
- The power of visual communication
- Coaching with the unconscious
- Expressing emotions through images
- The role of symbols and visual metaphors in meaning-making
- The value of external visualisation
- Exploring the neuroscience of creativity in practice
- How collage can help to tell and shape a client’s story
Guided learning and peer to peer work
Working with your collage from Part 1: Introductory Training, you will:
demonstrate understanding of the ‘Science Behind the Art’ by completing a reflective log before the event
- revisit the 3 stages to fully understand and embed the process
- practice 5 coaching conversation techniques for working with images
- learn how to introduce the technique to clients
- develop skills to enable client reflection, insight and understanding
- increase self-awareness by exploring your collage further
- understand the key skills and core competencies needed to coach confidently with collage
A comprehensive 47 page resource and reference that includes:
- detailed step by step instructions for guiding clients through the three-stage Collage Coaching Technique™
- scripts and sample dialogues for photocopying
- in-depth questioning techniques to facilitate the coaching conversation with a client’s collage
- best practice for 1-1 collage coaching sessions
- ideas for sourcing free and low-cost magazines
- 25 minutes of free supervision
- 20% discount on my book ‘Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool‘
- opportunities to join practice sessions
- permanent access to the Science Behind the Art presentation
Following the workshop, you’ll be receive a:
- CCE ICF accreditation certificate for completing ‘Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool’ training worth 9.5 hours of core competencies and resource development.
- CPD certificate for 9hrs from the AC (combining 6hrs for attending part 2 and 3hrs for part 1)
So much knowledge was presented with authenticity. The co-coaching was excellent and great to experience, while the handbook is really helpful to review when needed. Thank you Andréa
I have used the Collage Coaching Technique™ today for the first time and the person was super hooked by the session, she loved it and had lots of benefits from it already, starting with more clarity. It was brilliant and I can’t wait to explore further with more people.
The training you receive will be predominantly experiential. This hands-on approach and working with your collage enhances retention of the following information and techniques you’ll learn:
- understanding the theory and science that underpins the technique
- how to guide a client through the creative coaching process
- knowledge and practice of questions and approaches to elicit deeper insight and clarity for clients
- working effectively with symbols and metaphors
- how personal storytelling through collage facilitates and enhances the coaching conversation
- increased clarity of what you want from your coaching practice
- grow your confidence to coach 1-1 with collage
- clarity of when not to use the Collage Coaching Technique™
Reflection and group discussion creates opportunities for peer support, learning and networking.
Skills based training pricing
PayPal payments available in 3 instalments.
The training lasts 6.5 hours and pricing includes the comprehensive handbook and free supervision.
The training is delivered in-person and online. In-person events take place at The Gestalt Therapy Centre, London Map
Or get in contact for more information and alternative payment methods.
Benefits for Clients
- Drawing hidden unconscious material into conscious awareness where it can be explored and worked with
- Increasing knowledge of personal values, strengths, mindsets, mental models, aspirations and priorities. Enables them to focus on areas for personal and professional development
- Creating emotional connection with their goals improves motivation and the capacity to remain purposeful
- As a non-threatening way of expressing difficult emotions, clients are better able to explore challenging situations
- The arts-based process promotes mindfulness and well-being
- Working creatively builds confidence and self-belief as they learn to take risks and develop their problem-solving skills
- Their collage as a tangible output of their coaching session has long term benefits. It acts as a baseline for reflection and a visual tool that motivates, reminds, inspires and focuses them long after it was created
I had a great day learning about the Collage Coaching Technique™. I can see that it will be a really useful tool in my coaching practice and I am really looking forward to using it. Thank you to Andréa Watts for guiding us so expertly whilst we learned Coaching with Collage
Why Attend the Skills based Training?
Hear more from Debbie Anderson in this informative and inspirational chat as she shares her experience of using collage as a creative coaching tool from the perspectives of trainee, client and coach. She describes coaching with collage as an insightful and powerful approach that helps her and her clients gain self-awareness and breakthroughs faster than traditional verbal-centred approaches.
Book Your Skills based Training Date
Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.
— CARL JUNG