Introductory Training | In-person and Online
‘Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool’ Part 1 is UnglueYou’s half-day Introductory training for coaches. It is ICF accredited, and part of the AC CPD hours scheme. This experiential and engaging training is designed to introduce you to using collage as a creative coaching tool.
This foundational training is followed by our full-day Skills Based Training. Attending Part 1 does not equip you with the skills to work with clients using the Collage Coaching Technique™ (CCT). In addition to the learning outcomes, it gives you the opportunity to decide whether to book on Part 2, where you’ll learn the necessary skills to use the creative approach with your clients.
Who’s the Training for?
Coaches, psychologists and other practitioners who are interested in adding a creative coaching tool to your existing skill set or developing a creative practice. You are the type of coach who is open and curious to experience the process for yourself and explore the potential use of this tool with your clients.
NO artistic skills, creative confidence or previous experience is needed to participate in this training.
How’s the Training Delivered?
The training is focused on you experiencing the three-stage process of creating a collage as a visual narrative using the Collage Coaching Technique™. The purpose is for you to fully appreciate what your clients would experience and decide if this is a coaching approach you want to add to your toolkit. As such, the majority of the time is dedicated to this activity.
To set context, the training starts with a brief introduction to why you would choose to use collage as a creative coaching tool. During the process, you’ll also benefit from a short period of 1-1 time with me to explore an image in more depth. The training includes peer-to-peer learning through co-coaching with other participants. This activity increases opportunities to gain insight and improve self-awareness around the theme of ‘What I want from my coaching career.’
The three stages in the Collage Coaching Technique™ are:
- Gathering – images from a resource of various magazines
- Creating – the coaching collage (visual narrative)
- Storytelling – sharing meaning and the coaching conversation
As you’re guided step by step through the creative process, each stage facilitates self-directed learning. Experiencing this for yourself enables you to understand how collage can be used with coaching clients.
Following the workshop, you’ll be issued with a:
- CCE ICF accredited certificate for partial completion of Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool training, worth 3 hours of core competencies and resource development. Full accreditation is achieved if you also attend the Skills Based Training.
- CPD certificate for 3 hours from the Association for Coaching for partial completion of Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool training. A total of 9 CPD hours are awarded after also attending the Skills Based Training.
I attended to understand how to use collage during coaching. This is a very powerful tool that shouldn’t be underestimated. Exceptional training led by the very knowledgeable, kind and professional Andréa.
Introductory training pricing
PayPal payments available in 3 instalments.
The training lasts 3 hours and pricing includes:
- An overview of why you’d coach with collage
- All the resources*
- Creative guidance
- 1-1 time with Andréa
- Peer to peer learning
- Short journalling exercise
- Completed collage
*When delivered in person and if creating a digital collage online. When creating a classic collage online (with magazines) you will need to source your own. You will be sent guidance on how to do this.
The training is delivered in-person and online. In-person events take place at The Gestalt Therapy Centre, London Map
Or get in contact for more information and alternative payment methods.
During the 3 hours of training you’ll gain knowledge and understanding related to how:
- Images unlock unconscious thinking
- ‘Creative adult play’ is a way of making meaning
- Visual metaphors and symbols facilitate the coaching conversation
- Personal storytelling through collage consolidates learning
- Collage can be used as a creative coaching tool
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Grow your network with practitioners who share an interest in creativity and coaching
- Engage in reflective practice and CPD through the theme which is chosen to allow exploration of a coaching related topic
- Practice ‘holding the silence’ for a client as a metaphorical container
- Enjoy a period of art-based mindfulness, which facilitates flow and wellbeing
- Explore suspending judgement and pre-conceived ideas while remaining open to new concepts and trusting your intuition
Book Your Introductory Training Date
Images are the key to the unconscious. Bypassing the limitations of language they allow deeper understanding and connection to self.
— ANDRÉA WATTS