Skills Based Training
Skills Based Training
Our skills based training day provides you with the theory, knowledge, techniques and confidence to use collage as coaching tool with your clients in a 1-1 setting. This training was developed specifically for coaches interested in using a creative arts based approach to complement and add value to their existing coaching skills.
Coaches, psychologists and other practitioners attending this training must have attended our Part 1 Introductory Training as the collage you create will be used on the Skills Based Training day. However, you can attend Part 1 without proceeding to Part 2.
When used as a coaching tool, collage is a transformational and creative approach that enables clients to access their unconscious and the wealth of knowledge and information stored there. The images enable visual expression, while composing the collage itself creates meaning. By using a different – creative and visual – form of expression clients awareness is raised as they reconnect to their values, gain clarity, increase their confidence and improve decision making. Research demonstrates that the UnglueYou methodology also improves self-belief, mindfulness and well-being.
Who’s the Training For?
Our Skills Based training day is suitable for coaches and psychologists working in a range of areas including:
- Personal & Life Coaching
- Leadership & Executive Coaching
- Organisational & Business Coaching
- Speciality/Niche Coaching
Our workshops take place at The Gestalt Centre, London Map
For payment options see below
One off payment:
Payable in instalments of 4 monthly x £90:
Skills Based Training Day
This day is for anyone who has attended our Part 1 Introductory Traiing Day and wants to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to offer collage as a visual or arts based alternative to more traditional coaching tools
To enhance learning the course is delivered in a group setting of no more than 6 delegates. Delivered as an experiential workshop, you’ll explore:
The Science Behind the Art.
An interactive and visual PowerPoint presentation giving an overview of why, and how the process works. Includes case studies and covers the following topics
- Power of images for communication
- Expressing emotions through images
- The role of the unconscious and visual metaphors
- Benefits of external visualisation
- How collage can help to tell and shape your story
Working with images and visual metaphors Using your collage from Part 1: Introductory Training you will practice
- Explorative conversation techniques to elicit deeper insight and understanding
- Working with visual metaphors, symbols and the other 4 image types
- ‘Noticing’ as a way to promote deeper awareness
Comprehensive workbook including:
- The science behind the art
- Guiding clients through the creative process
- Key questions for clients when working with images
- Sourcing free and low cost magazines
Following the workshop all delegates will be issued with a CPD E-certificate.
For dates and times for the Introductory Training workshop click below
The training you receive will be experiential. This hands on approach enhances retention of the information and techniques you will cover. Using your own collage to explore some of the topics below, further supports your learning around:
- Understanding the theory and science that underpins the methodology
- Clarifying guiding a client through the creative process
- Knowledge of and practicing questioning techniques to elicit deeper insight and understanding
- Practicing and developing the skill of ‘noticing’ details in images and client’s collages
- How visual metaphors and symbols facilitate the coaching conversation
- Increasing your own self-awareness and understanding of what you want from your coaching practice
For dates and times use the link below.
The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
– ELEANOR ROOSEVELT